Inexpensive (not Cheap) Rifle Scopes?

Redleg

I'm looking for an inexpensive rifle scope for my new Remington 700. By inexpensive I mean around $200 or less. I'm not talking about a $29 Wal-Mart special either. I do some serious hunting/shooting year round, not just a couple times each season so I need a scope that will last. Everything I have been able to find crosses the $200 mark. The Vari-X I, 2-7X33 by Leupold is about as good a deal as I can find and as big as I need to go for my hunting needs. Actually, I would prefer something in 1.5-4 but that means stepping up to the Vari-X II's and crossing that ever so important $200 mark again! I don't want to sacrifice quality for the sake of my wallet but everything else seems to do so. Does anyone know of a scope that will fit my needs? I have had some bad experiences with Simmons so I tend to shy away from them as a credible option.

You might try a used scope from one of the big names. Their warrenties are typically outstanding if it turns out to have problems.

Burris seems to offer good optical value and quality for the money. I have a Signature that I use a lot but they have less expensive series that are still very good.

Best deal I've found in a while is a closeout at www.bearbasin.com on the Bausch & Lomb 3X9X40 Elite 3000 series for $149. This scope has great optics, very rugged, and repeats settings. I have purchased 3 of these since they started running the closeout and have not been disappointed. Warranty is as good or better than most. B&L was offering a 1 year money back on these scopes if you don't like them.
At this price there is some cash left over for a decent set of rings and mounts. My favorite rings are the Burris Signature series. They usually run about $30.
Take Care

USED.
I found a Leupold 3-9 x30 that I didn't jump on fast enough, for $175.
One week later I found the same model for $100 and it was in PERFECT condition.

Keep looking.

Inexpensive rifle scopes

I bought a Burris Fullfield II from Natchez Shooters Supply for less than $200.00. It was a 3x9x40 with the ballisticplex recticle. A good solid scope with a lifetime warranty.As far as I can tell it has the best glass in that price range.

Back