Indoor range in Austin

reteach

Howdy. My adult daughter and I are going shooting in Austin in a couple of weeks. She has shot before (and was good at it) but hasn't handled any guns in a long time.

So, looking for recommendations for a good indoor range for handguns in Austin, TX. I have checked the internet and read reviews. Just want to hear from you folks.
Thanks.

Recommended: Shady Oaks in Cedar Park, Reds indoor pfluggerville
Not recommended: The Gun Range (for poor customer service and price), eagle peak (overzealous safety officer but cheaper)

Shady oaks is a little more expensive than reds but safest and newer facility, and generally feels like a more relaxed atmosphere. Very friendly folks.

Shady Oaks is well run with a helpful staff.

Too many bullet holes in the shooting lane overheads at Red’s to suit me. The clientele can be a bit sketchy at times, but maybe they think the same about me.

Yea reds tend to draw the “Groupon” crowd and first time “look I have a shotgun” selfies, but ah I can’t say much bad about them they have been solid and customer friendly through the years. The RO will actually kick out people who are unsafe

eagle peak (overzealous safety officer but cheaper)

Eagle Peak is all outdoors.

Haven't been to Shady Oaks, so I can't offer an opinion on it. You would pass it about 10 minutes before you got to Eagle Peak.

I've never had a problem at either of the Red's locations, but I don't get there frequently.

Good luck!
Tom

Our trip to the range got postponed a bit but the daughter and her boyfriend and I went to Shady Oaks this past Friday. Excellent experience for the two of them. For me, too. Friendly, welcoming staff. Clean, well-ventilated, well-lighted place. Nice wide lanes. I was watching both of the younger people shoot but couldn't see everything and RO's pointed out a couple of things to me so I could tell the newbies. I appreciated that. I would definitely go back to Shady Oaks if I needed a range in Austin.

FYI Austin is very-anti firearms and has outlawed ranges in the city.
But I had a reasonable experience at Reds a few years ago.

Back