Inch/Pound Torque Wrench

Cactus

I have been looking around for an inch/pound torque wrench. The only ones I have been able to find were about $150.00. The only cheaper ones I found were the non-adjustable ones for about $75.00.

Does anyone know of a source for an adjustable one that costs less than $150.00? This is not a tool I will be using constantly, so it doesn't need to be top quality.

I just got Master Mechanic 25 to 250 inch-pound wrench for 60 dollars at a local auto parts store.
Put a 2 dollar 3/8 to 1/4 adapter on it and she works great.
k

Ditto Mike Irwin. I paid $50 for an adjustable inch-pound torque wrench from Sears several years ago. Works just as well as a $200 wrench from SnapOn.

Just a caveat from someone that used to run a Calibration lab. The snap action type adjustable wrenches are great if your primary concern is repeatability. (i.e. getting all bolts/screws to the same torque) If you concern is actual torque measurement with high accuracy, unless you spend a LOT of money getting it calibrated on a regular basis you're better off with a deflecting beam type wrench (preferably a dial indicator type).

Back