In search of training...

Steve McCullagh

Greetings,

I'm hoping to connect with someone out there who has experience in military precision rifle shooting. I myself have military training, but nothing beyond basic riflery. (Located in the Austin, TX region, but will travel within a day to meet.)

Someone spoke highly of a Gunny Schmidtbauer from here, but I don't know this gent, and wouldn't know how to contact him... I'm a serious, mature student.

Best regards,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Actually your very lucky to be in Austin. Thunder Ranch is just down the road. About two six packs worth, if I remember my Texas milage markers. <grin>

Try www.thunderranchinc.com

Giz

------------------
Vote Democratic! 1 Billion Chinese can't be wrong......

Giz,

Thanks, but I'm well aware of TR. Unfortunately, their Precision class doesn't come around for another year, so I'd like to get some training in sooner...

Best,
Steve

The gunny is still around. I met him briefly a few months ago and he's a great guy. Do a search on his name and you should be able to find him.

Steve,

You may wish to contact the Texas State Rifle Association. Get their info by clicking the following link:

Texas State Rifle Association

Alternatively, you may wish to contact the NRA, and request information for a list of rifle ranges in your area. Connect to the NRA shooting range locator by clicking on the following link:

Shooting Range Locator

You may also wish to request from the NRA, a listing of the High Power Rifle Instructors and Shooting Coaches in your area, so you may arrange your own training with them. To send a request, click on the following link:

Contact NRA Staff

Mykl

[This message has been edited by Mykl (edited November 06, 1999).]

Many excellent suggestions!

A hearty thanks to all of you for your replies. Naturally, if any of you are in Austin sometime, look me up - we'll go shooting! :)

Regards,
Steve

Back