In a desperate search for .218 BEE ammo!

damo450

Hello everyone, I am searching desperately for some .218 bee ammo. Anyone have any suggestions (or some for sale!)? I have exhausted all resources and now am turning to the inter web for some help. I did find a BNIB browning model 65 for sale with 9 boxes of ammo. However, spending $1100 on a rifle for the ammo as I already have one seems a bit backwards. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks All.

Finding manufactured made ammo for your 218 this time of year is more than a challenge. I believe for many years your 218 Bee has been a Winchester seasonally made cartridge. Once its list on Web places like Midway I'm sure it sells out quickly.

If your a Home Reloader:
This fellow on Cast Bullets may make the brass for your 218. He custom makes and sells allot of obsolescent brass. Having the brass to reload is half your battle. 218 bullets are for the time being are still available (see link.)

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?16276-GRUMPA

http://www.midwayusa.com/s?userSearchQuery=218+bee

Two years ago I sold the last of my 218 Bee ammo on Gunbroker. It went for $98 per 50 round box.

That deal with the Browning is starting to look better. Buy it, sell the rifle to a collector and keep the ammo.

Graf & Sons reloading supply house carries the .218 Bee brass, I have not bought any in a long while though. Still have my dads reloads and mine I've made. Cabela's does sell it as a seasonal round, the last time I seen it there, it was priced at $85 a box. Now I have to go do some lookin also, it might be an unobtanium item like 30/40 krag brass.

Isn't being loaded by any of the major manufacturers. Midway listed Winchester at $80.99 per 50. Graf's is $.40 less. Still no stock. Winchester isn't making it. Neither is Precision.
Brass isn't easy either, but it's around. And you can make it out of .32-20 or .25-20. Couple guys on Gunbroker have some at not idiotic prices.
Hendershots is probably your best option if you don't have the time/inclination to make the brass.
Like natman says, it'd be $810 for the ammo, $290 for the rifle.

HSM loads it, I have bought it from them in the past. It's only available occasionally, buy as much as you think you'll need.

I think Remington and WW have given up the family entirely. I got an email from Midway last year sometime to the effect that they wasn't going to be any 25-20 brass anymore.

A local shop has been sitting on a box of 25-20 for 2 years. They want something like $70 for it.

For what you're going to spend on 3 boxes of ammo, you could probably find a used press, scale, and a set of dies. Starline runs 32-20, so it can be done.

I'm glad I passed on the rifle,,,

Just a few years back I was offered one of these rifles at a good price,,,
The rifle was absolutely beautiful (custom stock),,,
And came with a nice leupold scope.

He had about 60-70 rounds and was going to toss them in the deal.

Now I'm glad I passed on it,,,
Nothing worse than owning a fine fiery-arm,,,
And having no way to enjoy shooting the danged thing.

Aarond

PM me. I'm in SD and I'll load it for you at cost plus shipping.(Assuming you don't go through a ton of rounds per month) Just finding the brass is a chore. Probably will have to reform. I think it's a 1/16 twist. In my old Mod43 I think we were shooting 50 gr. However, as mentioned above, Hornady may be producing ammo for it. It's a nice little cartridge.

Beeshooter- unless you are licensed and insured to load ammunition for others, do not offer to do so.

Besides, HSM lists 4 loads. The OP can call them.

I'm not a commercial loader of ammunition nor do I operate any commercial enterprise. Therefore, I can reload for anyone I choose as long as it is not a commercial exchange for monetary or other value.

The Hornady reintroduction is great to hear. There was a time when I had 2000 brass for my 218. Forty years of hard use has got me down to maybe 1000, and many of those have been loaded eleventyseven times. I'd love to get some new brass to finish out me and the old "43". jd

218 Bee Ammo

I have just this week run across a box of Winchester Super X 218 Bee 46 gr HP. the box looks brand new. I also have another box of un-named Soft points with 20 loaded rounds and 30 empties. This newly acquired stash also includes a set of reloading dies from the C-H die company. The box looks old but the dies look new, almost as if never used. I've been a reloader for over 40 years but never heard of this brand. I did confirm that the threads are the same as my RCBS and Lee presses. If there is still and interest in these let me know. They are for sale but I'd like to sell them as a package deal.

Last edited:
Hey there, looks like this thread never gets old!

I have about 30 rounds of ammo for my North American Arms long barrel
REVOLVER. Yep, that's what I said.

I was looking for more ammo too then I realized that the gun itself is pretty rare.

I have a lot more casings than live ammo, guess I should either be investing in making my own ammo or putting the lot up for sale to a collector!

Thanks for all the posts I learned a lot.

Back