Impulsively Bought A Tikka

kilotanker22

While searching for a hunting rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor that is lighter than my Browning Max Long Range, I found a Tikka T3X Lite. Pretty sweet rifle for the money if we're being honest. Topped it with a Leupold VX5HD. Now I just need to go shoot the dang thing.

While searching for a hunting rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor that is lighter than my Browning Max Long Range, I found a Tikka T3X Lite. Pretty sweet rifle for the money if we're being honest. Topped it with a Leupold VX5HD. Now I just need to go shoot the dang thing.
I have never owned a Tikka. I have also never heard ANYTHING bad about them.

Fireforming new brass today. Shows promise though. Already shooting right around one moa. The ammo was just new Lapua brass, charges dropped with my powder measure, and 140 eld bullet seated .020" off the lands. Avg 2680 fps with SD 8 fps. For my Pennsylvania whitetail hunting, I may just leave it as is. I rarely even have the opportunity to shoot further than around 200 yards so I am sure it will work nicely. Either way, I will end up doing a full load development for it, it's just nice to know that my standard practice ammo shoots pretty well from this rifle.

I cut and heated a piece of Kydex to make a cheek riser for it. Then like an idiot used the wrong sized drill bit to drill into the stock, so there are a couple extra holes in the stock, but they won't hurt anything. Overall, very nice gun. I am especially fond of the action and trigger. Very smooth action, to the point where I couldn't tell if it picked up a round from the magazine when cycling. Trigger breaks a smidge under three pounds and seems pretty crisp. I have paid more money for guns that were not as nice for sure.

I will post pictures a little later.

I've had several Tikka rifles over the years. All have been among the most accurate rifles I've ever shot. I have some "nicer" more expensive rifles, and I do like them. But I could happily use any of the Tikka rifles I've ever owned.

They are about the perfect balance of weight. Mine all come in at about 7 1/4 to 7 1/2 lb scoped which is light enough for carrying, but still heavy enough to shoot well. And they get the weight down while still leaving some meat in the barrel which I like

I currently have Tikka's in 308, 6.5CM and a T1x in 22 LR. All are tack drivers. I'm betting you like this one too.

Back