IMI Di-Cut JHP 9mm?

Spyderman

Has anyone had a chance to try this stuff out? I just picked up a case of it and it *looks* pretty impressive, but I haven't had a chance to shoot any of it yet. It's packaged as "Samson Premium" in black and gold boxes. I'm gonna be putting through a Sig 226 (mostly), and was curious to see if any of you have tried it. Does it shoot as good as it looks? Thanks all, and happy Holidays.

It's very good quality. IMI is primarily a manufacturer of military grade ammo and weapons. They sell quite a bit in the developing world under the Samson and Hansen brands. I've used the latter in a P226 and SW 6906 without the slightest problems. Your SIG will love it.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Is it available on-line?
dicut.jpg

------------------
Protect your Right to Keep and Bear Arms!

I haven't seen it on-line yet, but I ordered it through "Wideners reloading and shooting supplies" by mail order. I think they do have a web site, but not much on it yet. I found them in shotgun news and I think they're running a special on IMI ammo right now. Something where if you buy two or more cases you get special pricing. I missed out on this special by about a week (guess I ordered too soon) but it was about $185/cs of 1000, including shipping. Not cheapo blasting stuff, but a heck of a deal on good defensive JHP's, as long as they perform as good as they look. I still haven't got out to the range with them yet, maybe this week sometime before Christmas. Anyway, that web site is at http://www.wideners.com/ I'd still ike to hear from anyone else who has shot some of this stuff with their reports of accuracy and quality. What I'd really like to see is some kind of write up on testing with balistic gelatin on penetration and expansion, but since it's fairly new, and not really a mainstream brand, that may be a while. Thank again.

Anyone else? I am really interested in hearing from more of you who have shot some of this stuff, or if someone out there has seen any kind of test data or comparison info. If this stuff is as good as I'm hoping, I want to pick up another case or two, but if it's worthless, I dont wanna waste my $$$. Thanks folks...
-Spyderman

Since I haven't seen any write ups on it, and available info seems limited, I'll tell you what I can... It is a 115grn "Di-cut" JHP that kinda resembles the old style B.T. or the LE-only SXT bullet, but with a copper jacket instead of the black coating. The picture that is posted above is a little deceptive. It makes it appear that the jacket ends before the shell case begins, which is NOT the case (at least not with the case I have). The appear to be fully jacketed (aside from the hollowpoint cavity). The bullet itself appears to have had the tip "di-cut" and then kinda folded into the hollowpoint cavity. All of this is just from visual inspection of the round, so there could be(and probably is) something I'm missing.
-Spyderman

Back