IMI baby eagle 45 vs. witness 45 , anybody

ammo first

Just wondering what kind of reliability and overall performance you are experiencing. A number of people on this board have had problems with thier witness 45 pistols, jams, cracked slides etc.. As I understand it Tanfoglio makes the slides, barrels and frames for the BE pistol then ships these parts to imi where they supply the remaining parts and assembly. My question is, are these baby eagle 45s holding up better than thier tanfoglio cousins?

I own the Baby Eagle .45 (previously known as the Uzi Eagle or the Jericho). It has been reliable, and is accurate. I have handled, but never fired, the Witness.

When I did my research (mostly on this board), I was making the same decision you are. I personally decided to put out the extra $100 or so for the BE because of the decocker. I also preferred the comfort and style. I did not run across any posts that indicated IMI had quality problems with the BE. The Witness series comments ranged from "great", to "many jams" which might be solved by a little fluff and buff. I intend to buy a Witness in 10mm sometime this year, and I do so knowing that I might have to do a little minor gunsmithing on it.

So, they're both great guns. An advantage of the Witness is the lower price. The ability to interchange parts and have more than one caliber is also a plus.

Must enter now.

I own a 45 Witness. Never been a reliable feeder, but too accurate to sell (functions perfectly when wearing a 38 Super top end).
Also own two 9mm frames, and slides in 9x19 and 40S&W.
All are subjected to the most ridiculous sorts of experimental loads.
None have broken anything.
Some pieces have more than 25,000 rds through them.

(Kinda' like the two cracked SIG P220 frames I've personally touched.)

Don't worry be happy. Buy what you want.
Or best advice -- buy CZ97.

Back