• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Image tags?

foolzrushn

I have not posted much to forums. I have never uploaded pix to a forum. I have been reading the instructions given, and practicing in the testing section.

However it is difficult for someone that already knows what to do...to write instructions for someone that is looking at something for the first time. You really have to put yourself in that person's shoes.

"Edit your post, and paste that URL between the IMG tags where you want it to appear in your post."

Nowhere have I seen, whether you click some link or button, or whether you type the Image Tags brackets etc. How do I make, find create or whatever.... the Image Tags? If I am supposed to type them in at the point in my post where I want the picture to appear, then somewhere it should say that.

I also saw the post about pix size, and "how do we get them to not post big pictures".....but then I also saw where there was no icon created to do that simply by clicking on the icon, I suppose. How can one complain about people not using something if it is not easy to use, or completely explained?

There, I feel better now. I will go to the practice area and try typing the image information in the middle of a post to see if that works for me.
thanks

There is an "Insert Picture" icon on the tool bar.

It looks like this.

attachment.php

In all cases the image you want to display in the body of the message must already be posted on-line somewhere.

Take any image you see on the internet,,,
Right-click on that image and a pop-up menu appears,,,
Click on "properties" and another pop-up window will appear on screen.

Look for the "Address:URL" and copy the text that starts with HTTP://,,,
That is the "URL" for that image on the web.

Select (highlight) that address then hold the Control key down and tap the C key to copy that address to your computer clipboard.

Now click on the "Insert Image" icon in the message toolbar,,,
Place the curser in the "please enter the URL of your image" field,,,
Then hold the Control key down and hit the P key to paste the URL into the field.

Caution: Make sure that HTTP:// is not duplicated when you paste the URL,,,
If it looke like this:
attachment.php

The image will not display.

I have a website that I post images to,,,
That makes it easy for me as I just post it on my site,,,
Then I copy the URL and use the "Insert Image" icon to display it.

If you don't have a website to post images to,,,
Then you must subscribe to an image hosting website,,,
I can't help you there as I have never subscribed to one of those sites.

Post your image there, copy the image URL, then paste it into the Insert Image dialogue box.

There is one other option for TFL users.

Use the "Manage Attachments" feature to upload a link into your post,,,
This places a clickable link in the body of your message,,,
You will also see that link right after you upload it.

Click that link to display the image in your browser,,,
Then do the right-click thing and paste that URL into the insert Image dialogue box.

I hope this helps.

Aarond

Attachments

• InsertImageIcon.JPG
    InsertImageIcon.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 63
  • BadURL.JPG
    BadURL.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 60
Back