I'm torn........

Fireman179

I can't decide between some type of Mauser or an Enfield. I don't have any experience with either one and I'm looking for advice. All of my rifles are commercial type except for my mosin. There are so many different types of Mausers, I'm kinda lost.

Which would you guys pick and why?

It seems you are already started down the path of an unquenchable addiction! You will ultimately get both, an Enfield and a Mauser. Then, at some point in the future you will be asking should you get a Carcano or Arisaka. Then you will be asking should you get a Manlicher/Steyer or a Swiss "Straight Pull".... and it will go on and on... you see, now that you started down the path with your purchase of a Mosin Nagant, there is no end.
Seriously my advice would be buy ANY Milsurp that you get undervalued or at fair price, my favorite milsurp is the one I have in my hands at that moment!
CZVZ

The Enfield's action is very slick and easy to operate quickly, it holds more ammo but both the rifle and the ammo can be somewhat difficult to find and/or expensive.

But I am partial to Enfields, so my opinion biased.

If you can find a Mauser made by FN that would be the way to go. They made some in the 50's chambered in 30-06.

Back