I'm so easy...

K80Geoff

There I was in one of the local gun emporiums. This place usually has loads of military rifles encrusted in cosmoline and old rusty dogged out hunting guns. But there in an obscure corner hung a beautiful Remington 870 wingmaster. It has the fancy checkering on the nice wood remington used to put on 870's. No rust or pitting and a 28" barrel with Remchokes. Plus a second 20" slug barrel. Stock has the white spacer between the wood and recoil pad and had no dings, looks almost new. Last owner installed a flextab and one of those slick followers in the mag tube. Gun has been shot but well cared for.

Now I already have an 870 express, don't need another 870. But seeing this fine example hanging among the old rusty junk was too much.

Took it home. Don't see too many wingmasters in gun stores anymore. Hope my 870 express doesn't get jealous .

I'm so easy, just like the friend of mine who always brings home stray dogs.

Geoff Ross

Remingtons cost more to feed than dogs. If I were you, I'd treat the Express like a redheaded stepchild. It's not as pretty. Either that or get it a cute 1100 to keep it company in the safe.

Congrats, the Wingmaster is a beautiful gun. I got mine when I was 12 years old, it was a Christmas present from my Dad. I've used it ever since. :)

Congrats on the find. I did the same thing last month, though mine has MUCH more wear. But it was cheap. It had a 28" barrel, it now has a 20" barrel with more mods on the way. I removed the white spacers on the butt pad and grip cap. For now it will wear the wood stocks.

Back