I'm overly partial to SIG Sauer (SS)

ymerej

I have numerous SS because I'm a huge fan of single action / double action. What are you some other good brands that have a hammer on it? I just haven't became a fan of striker-fried. I did almost bought the SIG 365 XMARCO 9mm with the dot optics everyone uses now, but this is what came on that XMARCO [1]

Any advice?

P.S. I've tried one of the HK models, can't recall what caliber but I just remember with the hammer back, the trigger itself is still heavy, not near as easy to squeeze as all my SIGs are, and I've only redone one of the triggers in one of my P229 so it's a hair trigger basically, when cocked it only needs 2.0lbs instead of the factory 4.5-5.0 tripper pull weight.

​P.P.S. I'm open to any suggestions but I'm also not looking to spend $800-$1,500.

Last edited:
I think a 2 pound trigger pull on a service type pistol is an accident waiting to happen.

I am quite fond of very light trigger pulls for some firearms and applications, but a service class semi auto pistol isn't one of them.

CZ comes to mind. Polymer wise you have the new P09 Nocturne series. The cz75's. Though one of the best DA/SA pistols would be CZ's shadow 2 line.
Also HK's USP and P30 line

The Beretta 92 series is good - just make sure the grip fits your hand.
I'm still partial to the Elite (have a 92G) and Centurion types with the slightly shorter barrel/slide where there's no barrel 'stub' that sticks out beyond the slide.
Langdon models are nice, too!

Back