i'm kinda mad

ammo to go has both soft and fmj from s and b and pp in stock. have had a lot of time on pc looking up and going to different gun and ammo sites this week what with laying in bed trying to beat this damn flu....actually got out of bed for the first time today for any length of time...yeah me might actually get to go out and see what the sun looks like next week

oh and yeah have had my type 53 setting at my ffl since friday of last week...finally cleared the nics check....also friday of last week picked up my 91/30 from allans armory and then saterday this damn flu kicked in and havent even got to shoot it or pick up my type 53.

General rule for the next few years----if there is anything you need, better get it in large quantities now, including reloading supplies if you're into that. Many items will be backordered for months and they won't be cheaper when they resurface!

One of the few that were not sold off of the shelf last time I went to Cabela's was 7.62x54R brass case ammo. People skip it over in favor of the cheaper steel cased ammo. There was also plenty of that on the shelves as well. The local Acadamey has plenty of steel case non corrosive on the shelf as well. I mostly shoot the surplus corrosive out of mine. It takes 5 extra minutes to clean it out.

I reload the brass cased stuff with very low recoil light bullet loads for my wife, so she can shoot hers without agrivating her neck, and back.

Why is this?

Because of the gun community's paranoia. Have been trying to locate bullets for hand loading---damn near nothing available. Have to back order. This happened 4 years back. Same deal. Self inflicted situation. :mad:

This happened 4 years back. Same deal. Self inflicted situation.

Yep!! This too will pass, and like last time I'm sure there will be a flood of used AR15s in about a year to a year and half on the market. All these people that have gone 10, 20 years or more without one will remember why they had never bought one before the prices went sky high and wonder why they were willing to pay so much for something they didn't really want all that much.

Stocking up on ammo is never a bad thing.. I understand why people do that.

It's out there. I personally like Winchesters loads. However, given the current political climate, all ammo is getting scarce. Keep looking.

The Academy and Gander Mountain had plenty 30-06, tons of it, plenty 7mm mag and plenty .300 Win mag, a fair amount of .270, but .22 long rifle or .308, all gone along with the .223 of course----and all of them telling me they'll have more in next week-----

Back