I'm having a buying conundrum

Fedic

Inactive
Created an account just to get some advice:

I've been on a list for a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 for many months now. My FFL dealer keeps promising it'll be here next week. Then the next week. Etc. He said I was first on his list, then mentioned a couple months later that he'd just sold one to another customer (in other words he hooked up his friend before me). So i'm pretty fed up with him at this point. The thing is, I recently got very interested in the new CZ P-10c thats coming out and i'm debating waiting for the RPR, or just getting the CZ once it's released.

I want the RPR for hunting and I already bought a nice Vortex scope, but if i'm honest, I don't actually hunt very much, or do precision shooting. I can always sell the scope and save money buying the CZ instead, plus i'm more of a pistol guy and i'd get more use from it and maybe get a can if I spring for the threaded barrel. But I know the Ruger won awards and is a very good rifle, and i've waited for it for so long. Also, the CZ isn't even out so there's no real review of it yet. Ugh. I'm so conflicted. Thoughts?

The first thing that comes to mind is find that Ruger elsewhere.
Maybe try Davidson's Gallery of Guns since they have a strong relationship with Ruger.
They will ship to a dealer of your choosing.
And welcome to the forum.

Find another dealer, pronto!!

Yeah, I'd find another dealer. I think Lipseys may deal with the public, but not certain.

There is always next year for the CZ... :D

Yeah I usually don't go through him, but he was giving me the best price and a LEO discount, but now i'm remembering why I don't use him anymore.

I'm mostly wondering if I should bail on the Ruger all together and just wait for the CZ. Thanks for the advice guys, I'll check out those other places!

The Ruger Precision Rifles are hard to come by for all dealers. I've only seen 1 since they were introduced. I wouldn't blame the dealer. If you can find one somewhere else then buy it else where. But that ain't likely.

You'll either have to be patient, or find something else.

The RPR isn't much of a hunting rifle, too big and heavy. The Ruger Predator would very possibly be just as accurate and much better suited for hunting, a lot cheaper and available as well. My brother has one in 6.5, mine is in 308. Both are as accurate as I can make a rifle shoot. Price was under $400 for both of them.

jmr40 said:
The Ruger Precision Rifles are hard to come by for all dealers. I've only seen 1 since they were introduced. I wouldn't blame the dealer.
I don't think he's blaming the dealer because they can't get them, he's blaming the dealer for constantly promising they'll be in next week even thought they're not, and also for selling one to someone else even though he was first on the list.

If a dealer is honest with people about the scarcity of a gun, that's one thing. But if the dealer lies to people about how soon they're coming in and then doesn't sell it to the first person on his wait list when it does come in, that's going to start driving customers away.

I second the Ruger American predator. I don't care for "budget" rifles but this seems like a lot of gun for the money and will likely shoot very well. Same action as the precision. It will also fit the hunting niche better.

In fact, you could probably get the predator and the CZ for the price of the precision rifle.

It will be awhile till you find a RPR in 6.5 I believe there is a pretty good waiting list but I'm sure if you want to pay MSRP or higher you can find one,that's the same Ruger I have my eye on but my LGS can't get one for awhile.
Anyway I hope you find one sooner then later and i just want to add it to my collection so I'm in no hurry being I have a Savage 12 LRP in 6.5 Creedmoor already.
Gunsamerica has one for 1599.00. But ya better buy now it will probly be gone shortly.

Last edited:
My friend just got one in 6.5. He had no problem finding one. I've seen 3 or 4 stalked in random sporting goods stores here in mo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back