I'm back!

Morgan

Being offline is kind of weird and peaceful, but I'm back refreshed.

I was in Omaha burying my Grandad - full military funeral, twenty-one gun salute (I kept the brass), taps, and all that. Not a dry eye to be found. Grandpa left me (and each of my brothers) an old, rifle. It shall be cherished and shot.

As soon as I got home I was off to the Colorado State IDPA Championship Match, where I placed fourth in ESP. The overall match winner was a Master class shooter who's also ESP, and he was a joy to watch (I was SO'ing most of the match after I shot). Sometime TFL poster Steve Koski won the highly competetive SSP class, defeating a host of others with panache (I SO'd him some, too - congrats, Steve!).

Anyway, it's good to be back. I'm looking forward to discussion and debate.

Morgan: Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your grandfather...my condolences.

Congrats on the excellent showing in the CO IDPA Championships...I'll be shooting in the KS IDPA Championships in Sept...SSP.

How was the match? Can you poop us up on the number of stages...did they put shirts on the targets? Number of shooters, etc, etc?

All in all, how did the FTDR rule work?

Best,
Mike

I'm considering going to Kansas for their championship. It would be nice to meet some more competitors and just shoot (no SO'ing) and have fun.

We had six stages, two completely blind, plus a wandering equipment check stage (it came to you). One of the blind stages had reactive targets. Big fun. No T-shirts on the targets, I believe because it takes longer to score. We only just finished before a big rainstorm hit as it was.

I don't know of any FTDR penalties given at our state match. The shooters were informed that we were going to have fun, but not to game it or they'd incur a FTDR. We did have one guy get a match DQ, but I wasn't on that stage, and I don't know what it was for.

Is there a web site or contact number for the Kansas Championships? I need more info to convince my wife we need to go.

Morgan: POCs for the KS State Championships are Kent Radcliff, kradcliff@sktc.net and Terry McClure (no e-mail address). Radcliff's tel number is (316)876-5418. McClure's is (316) 467-4441. (BTW, this info, including tel numbers, was published in the second qtr 1999 Tactical Journal by IDPA HQ)

The match will be held 18 Sept in Dexter, KS at the Radcliff Range, hosted by the Echo Valley Pistol League. Yeah, I'd never heard of it either...it's about 55 miles south of Witchita off I-35 south...15 miles north of Oklahoma line.

$35.00 match fee w/$5.00 more for additional guests you plan to bring to the post match cook out.

10 stages, 200 rd MINIMUM....concealed carry will be required for portion of match.

Morgan, I can tell you that local motels are already full-up as there is a big blue grass festival going on in the same vicinity that weekend. My wife and I will end up staying in Witchita. Hope to get to meet you!

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike Spight (edited August 05, 1999).]

Back