• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

I'm a new guy. Why delete me from my own posts subscription???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMF Corpsman

Inactive
I go to look at some of the ideas that people were kind enough to answer, and what do I get? "Subscription expired!"
Who the hell ever heard of a question expiring prior to it even being addressed.

For the record, no insults, profanity, or otherwise was used.

Respectfully,

HMCS ZERCIE (FMF)(AC)(AW)(ret)

I've been working with these forums for a combined total of around 29 years and I've never seen an expired thread subscription. Can you recreate the problem, copy the exact error message you saw, and paste it here? Also, which thread were you subscribed to?

No. In both cases all subscriptions to an unviewable thread (deleted or moved) are removed. The user will not have a subscription link to click on. They are recovered if the thread is undeleted or moved back to a public forum.

Gentlemen/Ladies, I can't explain it, but all responses are there now. My educational background in IT, makes methinks I was stupid enough to turn off iPhone app with forum running.

Besides all that, great way to break the ice! Recently retired and live up in Alaska. My only issue is, I got 15 more years until the government sends me my stupidity bonus lol!

I'm no longer soldier, but I was an FMF Corpsman, you jarheads will know. It's the marines equivalent to a combat medic in army. So long story short, you can all call me "Doc" or whatever nefarious name you got planned.

Thanks again guys

And you replied to the email informing you that there was a new post in your subscribed thread. Those emails are for notification only - your text in your reply does not get posted. You need to post in the thread.

OK, the original question has been asked and answered, and we have an "introductions" thread in the General Discussion forum, so I'm going to close this one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back