illuminated recticle ?

rebs

I met a guy at the range that had a scope with the red and green cross hairs and you could see them in the daytime. I was surprised because I thought they could only be seen in low light. Why is it that some scopes you can see them during the day and some you cannot ?

Consider the soarce of light

Why is it that some scopes you can see them during the day and some you cannot ?
Yes, most illuminated reticle can still be seen in daylight and most RedDots, will get washed out on bright days. You still may have to turn up the brightness a bit as compared to a low light condition. Personally, I think it has to do with the fact that the reticles are deep inside the tube, shaded and protected from ambient light. Also, most illuminated reticles have enough power to really glow in the daylight and almost blinding at low light conditions... ;)

Now, in daylight, you really don't need the illumination but that is a matter of personal choice. Lately, I've seen some Blue illumination and that must be the color of the month. ..... ;)

Be Safe !!!

As Yoghurt says in "Spaceballs" :
"Moichandising, moichandising"!:eek:

I've found that at night you don't want the reticule too bright as it'll effect your night vision, even with "harmless" colors like red. Overly bright reticules just wash out the non-illuminated target.

Unfortunately in daylight room level lighting in retail stores those don't light up like a Christmas tree & so don't look as "kewl", or "Taktikewl" to potential buyers so they bias the illumination level for "impact" at the sales counter. :rolleyes:

Back