IL to keep FOID names confidential

Finally, common sense prevails.

Big thanks to the legislature and especially the State Police. Thumbs down to Attorney General Lisa Madigan's who started this mess in the first place. Quinn better sign it as the people are Illinoise are paying attention, this time... :rolleyes:

The best way to keep lists of people secure is not to have them to begin with,
Excellent point !!!

Be Safe !!!

This is about the only act of good judgemt that Quinn has exercised since taking office. I was really after he backed no concealed carry.

Since the people working with identities of FOID holders don't typically have security clearances…..

The Illinois State Police is the organization responsible for issuing FOID cards. I would imagine they would be responsible enough to keep a close eye on the list of card holders. But who knows?

I'm not sure what happens when a government agency has a security lapse and discloses information that should not be made public.

I think in general that it would be damaging to the anti-gun politicians because I personally believe that a lot of them are FOID holders, as well as a good number of their family, friends and close associates.

As far as what I would do if the list were revealed - I don't know. I think it would be hard for me to prove that the revelation harmed me in any significant way.

I'd join a class action lawsuit if there was one.

Back