If you've been thinking about ordering a CMP Garand..

FoghornLeghorn

..you'd better do it.

I sent my order in on the 11th for a SA Special grade Garand. On the CMP website they were showing, "Sold out. Not accepting orders", for nearly everything other than Special grade.

So I placed the order. Friday I was perusing their web page and noticed they are now out of the SA (Springfield Armory) Special Grade Garand. I called to see if my order made it but they said they were just now getting to orders they received on the 4th.

I went ahead and changed the order to an H&R Special Grade.

Man, I hope I get it.

If I do, I'm going to order another one. Just don't tell my wife.

The CMP has assured us the program isn't going anywhere, what with all the internet scuttlebutt re the potus. But he cancelled the return of the Korean M1s. I just don't know where they'd get anymore receivers.

Same here....

I bought a HR Service Special last year and just ordered a Springfield Service grade as they just got a few in....their customer service rep even told me she might could get me a WWII reciever with this lot. I see both those grades selling with about a $300 premium at the gun shows these days. Better hurry.....

J

As I understand it they are about done. They won't have any guns to sell pretty soon. The only hope for an infusion of Garands would be the importation of the ones in storage in So. Korea but the Obamanator won't allow it. Maybe if the next idiot in charge isn't a Democrat...

The only hope for an infusion of Garands would be the importation of the ones in storage in So. Korea but the Obamanator won't allow it.

CMP says they would never come to them anyway. Other reports are that the Korean Garands are trashed.

I'll bet that they will surprise you with what they have left.

-J.

In ohio and acquainted with a volunteer. He says they cant process the orders fast enough to keep upso they are only unpacking rifles as they need them more or less. Supposedly they have a warehouse full of crates no one is really sure what is in. Could all just be rumors though. Certainly going to run out at some point.

I also know "an insider" and his story is that the CMP is pretty much out of rifles. He's been telling friends for 2 years to buy before it's too late.

I also know "an insider" and his story is that the CMP is pretty much out of rifles. He's been telling friends for 2 years to buy before it's too late.

That's funny!

They will run out some day, though. They are currently selling them at quite a clip.

If there's one on your wish list, you should move it closer to the top.

I was wanting a Winchester, and they went away before I could order one. Then I needed a field grade Springfield, and they sold out right after I ordered mine...got one just in time! I also wanted an M14 parts kit, and missed the boat on that one too.

-J.

Back