If you wear your shoulder holster backwards and low....

Andy Blozinski

It's like having an outside the waistband holster with all the benefits of a shoulder holster.
Holster%20backwards_zpsxinvgpdo.jpg

Attachments

• Holster backwards.jpg
    Holster backwards.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 32
I hope nobody gets on your case for the photo. It shows exactly what you are talking about way better than any description could.

I wish more discussions about holsters would include photos and not just a close-up of the gun and holster either but what someone looks like when they are wearing it. Like the one you posted.

I think, and I've posted this before, that holsters are incredibly frustrating things. I think it's easier to pick a gun than the holster.

Thanks for posting.

I've had very limited experience with shoulder holsters. One, an Uncle Mike model had a 'keeper' in the back that if you wore it backward would put the keeper in the middle of your chest which I think would be quite uncomfortable.

The best feature of the Uncle Mike shoulder holster was each side hooked onto your belt...for fat guys (me) it was just as good as wearing suspenders.

Looking at that I'm certain it is a Kangaroo Carry holster that I've been wearing as a shoulder holster under a button up collared shirt for years now. It is without question the most comfortable means of carry that I've found, and extremely effective at concealing even a full size hand gun. I never thought of using it that way but could certainly understand the leap in your thought process and can see how it could work, obviously. In essence you're using it much like a belly band holster but with a strap to keep it up rather than the elastic cinching it around your torso.
I'm curious if you had to extend the adjustable elastic shoulder strap, or were you able to get the length you needed as it was made?

TS: I was able to extend the strap as designed.

Bob: Shoulder holster benefits. When you go to a restroom, there's no dilemma of your weapon going to the floor. Shoulder holsters work better for carry in the car.

I Just carry in a OBH on vy right side above the pocket, Use a good leather holster an belt. Works just fine for me . I have had a CCW for 40 years so it it ever happens to peak out I don;t care. Never had an issue. To get rid of the leather creaking use talcum powder. Just something about a gun and leather seams natural together,

Just something about a gun and leather seams natural together

No argument there. Worn as designed though, I've not found a more secure, convenient, and comfortable way to carry all day long every day, even if you work construction like I do. I've purchased a couple dozen other holsters, most of which are leather in the IWB and OWB variety, tuckables with leather and Kydex, and so on, but overall nothing works better for me than the Kangaroo for daily use. Though when my activity and attire allow, I've one or two leathers I like to use on rare occasion.
One thing I will say is if you use a Kangaroo and work construction like I do, carry a good quality stainless or other corrosion resistant firearm and wipe it down at the end of each day, especially warm ones. ;)

It has an advertised spare mag pouch, but I've never even looked at it as I've never wanted to carry spare ammo. I guess it would now be on the left side since everything is rotated 180 degrees.

I did an all day test with exactly what was in the photo and it worked great. Comfy and no one knew I had the pistol. One of the guys mentioned to the others about the bottom mount barrel of a Rhino and mentioned I had one. I promptly produced said weapon to their surprise. The only problem I'm having is that the pistol is now where I used to hang my cell phone off my belt.

Back