If you own an SKS, how often is it used?

My Norinco has been with me since '08 and is the most often-used centerfire rifle.
The reason is that it takes so much time to reload for the Enfields, FR8s and must average more cost per round.

Goes to the range almost every time I go to the range.
USSR made and the ammo is almost as cheap as 22LR. Well, maybe not :rolleyes:

Hardly ever. It's a great little gun tho. I couldn't say why I never take it to the range.
Hmmmmmmmm.....

Have the SKS D model and SKS M model and one or the other generally goes to the range with me when I shoot my AK's.

Hardly ever take them along when shooting my AR-15 rifles or 308 battle rifles.

I like em.

I have a Yugo 59/66 that was the 2nd or 3rd gun I bought. Great gun but I rarely shoot it. It gets range time maybe once or twice a year.

I've had my Yugo almost a year now and only had it out about 4 times. It is cheaper to shoot than most of my other rifles @ $4 per box but I don't find it as accurate as my other rifles. I also have newer acquisitions that I've been shooting in lieu of the Yugo.

Stu

I have a 1966 /26\ armory Chinese SKS that I bought for $99 in the early nineties, I have fired more rounds out of that rifle than all my other rifles combined.

The Tula ammo has acceptable accuracy, my hand loads for it are much more accurate, also much more expensive.

Russian Tula 1957.

Its my saddle gun, so basically, its carried every day.

Not to say I shoot it every day though.

Last edited:
owned it for 20 yrs, maybe 50 rds thru it.

now, as paul harvey said, "the rest of the story". in the early 90's, i bought two really nice, mint russians, 51 & 54 for $89 ea. put one away & shot the other regularly over the years. sold it a couple years ago to finance a AR that i wanted, so recently cleaned the cosmoline out of the other & have shot it twice. all in all the SKS' get as much use as the other stuff, just depends on what i grab when i'm going to shoot.

SKS

I have had one for twenty years. I like the gun. I only shoot it a couple of times a year. Usually I spend range time practicing with another rifle for either match shooting or hunting, the SKS is not suitable for either (no semis allowed in PA for hunting).
Pete

Most picked if I shoot semi. Cheap and reasonable accurate. I also have FAL, M14, CETME (sold), AR15, AK.

Back