If You Knew Then, What You Know Now .... Which Timiney For An AR ?

Jimmy10mm

At 68 years old, and a handgun shooter for over 50 years, I only got into rifles in the past few years. A couple of Marlin lever actions, and Browning single shots.

Got my first AR before the election. A Colt M4 A-1. I was afraid it might be the last chance if the election had gone the other way.

I like the rifle but the trigger is stiff, has creep, and reading in another thread how great the Timiney is I looked it up.

If you had your choice, for informal target shooting, no hunting, and possible self defense in an anarchy situation considered, which of the Timiney AR triggers would you choose ?

I wouldn't doink around with so many milspec type triggers and go straight to the good triggers if I could give myself advice. However, I haven't been brave enough for a super light trigger. Don't have any timneys but I've actually been looking. I've already installed a giessselllllleel 2 stage in one rifle, I plan on something for an AR pistol, single stage maybe but not as light as 3lbs.

After posting this thread I went to Timiney's website and saw that they have 2 basic triggers for the AR, with 4 options amongst the two. I also was thinking that 3lbs is awfully light. The one style can go to 4.5.

Now wondering if I would want single or two stage, and if I want to spend that much on a trigger to begin with. :)

i have a 4# curved single stage in my ar,,,,and a 4#in my ar10,,the ar10 are different part no. ,,,i think it has a more massive hammer,,,i wanted them to be the same and for the ar10 timney recommends the 4#

i think its just right,,,they both break like a glass rod,,,,good triggers,,,,you will mot be sorry you spent the money

my .02
ocharry

You won't be sorry for spending the money on any reputable upgraded trigger.

I wasted energy trying out a couple of the different "enhanced" milspec triggers. Alg qms, PSA and another I can't remember. They never beat the bone-stock cmmg trigger I have in a carbine. I took another carbine and built a varmint upper for it and rebuilt the lower into a varmint lower with a gieselle two stage and is satisfying.
I want to put timney in something later on tho.
You will be pleased with your purchase I think

Back