If you could change one thing...

PLASTIC SIG

We all buy certain guns for certain reasons. With every gun I own theres always at least one thing I would have changed if the gun maker would have considered my input. What changes would you make to your favorite (if any) any why?

Sigpro = decocker is too flat

S&W 659 = waaaaaayyyy to heavy

Kel-Tec P11 = That little "window" in the slide where you can see the recoil spring

NAA Mini = Double action would have been nice

Ruger 22/45 = I wouldnt have beat it with an ugly stick plus i would have made the slide release easier to operate.

I love them all but would have changed those little things to make them the "perfect" gun in that catagory. When I do get a 1911 style pistol, Ill be sure and build it myself. That way I wont have to think about "things I would have done differently"

Tim :D

I'll second that idea and add,,

"Ruger 22/45 = I wouldnt have beat it with an ugly stick plus i would have made the slide
release easier to operate. "
Provision for changeable grips.

CZ75b = A real blued finish and upscale wood grips ala the EL Beretta series.

The SIG 229-a near PERFECT pistol IMO.
I would drop every one of my projects for an all-steel version. (Not that Sport model)

I'd buy a Walther P99 in a HEARTBEAT if it came in .45acp.

Every gunsmith would be able to hard chrome guns WHILE YOU WAIT (and for under $100)

Custom built 1911s would cost under $1000 and would be ready in a matter of days, not years

.50 Cal rifles would be under $1000

Under the above wish, I wouldn't have to drive an hour just to get to a place that I could light one off...

Sarah Brady, Chuckie Schumer, Rosie O'Donut, Di Fi, and all their EVIL minions would go to Red China, where they belong.

I think that about does it for me. I know our members will have plenty to add...

HK USP... I would make a separate, less pronounced decock lever like the Mk23 OR perhaps have an o-ringed barrel as an option (as opposed to buying another bbl)... ONLY one thing is kind of tough.

HK USP Compact... double recoil spring ala fullsize OR perhaps make it a little smaller.

HK P7 - in polymer?

I'd make the Kahr Polymer pistols with a SLIGHTLY staggered magazine, similar to the way HK did their Compact USPs compared to the Full Sized ones. It would add another couple of rounds, and make the grip the SAME width as the slide, instead of slimmer!

Then, I'd make 1911 guys LOVE Glocks, Glock guys LOVE all other pistols not Glock, Revolver guys accept that Semi's are people too, make Semi shooters aware that sometimes, six rounds IS enough, make bullet offerings fast AND heavy, and all defensive ammo used in good-guys pistols be 100% 1-shot stoppers :D

Back