If the Republican primary was held today, who would you vote for?

If the Republican Primary was held today, who would you vote for?

• Rudolph Giuliani

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Mike Huckabee

Votes: 29 24.8%
  • Duncan Hunter

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • John McCain

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Tom Tancredo

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Fred Thompson

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not decided, but if it were this moment I'd say Huckabee. Thompson doesn't seem to be in the game. Hopefully he'll wake up. I want more specifics on his plans for the Iraq, economic, and social situations before I commit.

I've seen and heard some interviews with Huckabee and I've been impressed so far. The only thing I haven't seen him address is the illegal immigration issue. I know what it says on his website, but I want specifics coming from the horse's mouth. He was on our local AM talk radio (IN the studio even, not on the phone) and our host asked several tough, direct questions. He didn't skip a beat. Out of the number of times I've seen/heard the interviews, I must have stepped out when the border issue came up.:(

Hunter has my attention, but don't know very much about him. I do like his answer to interrigation tactics though...

It's a shame Tancredo doesn't have too much of a chance.

A lot of Tancredo signs have been popping up here in NH since there was just a riot in Nashua of all Mexican likely-illegals and definitely gang members, fighting with machetes :eek: in the middle of a public intersection, then firing shots at a house.

This isn't a third-world country, but they're sure trying hard to make it one. People are disgusted. That's not how New England was. Ever.

We Republicans should phrase our poll questions in such a manner that folks will think that we'uns is educated.

Shouldn't that be..."If the Republican primary were....?":D

Was held...were held? Take it easy, I am from Kentucky, so don't make this complicated.

Interesting to see what a poor showing Giuliani made. Huckabee got my vote...for now.

met a bunch of ron paul

supporters at a local gun show, told them if they get him on the ballot i'd vote for him, something spectacular will have to happen to make me change my mind.
glad tu c th' eglish polise are on th; job!:rolleyes:

Were would have been the correct usage. As it stands I'd have to vote for Thompson but whoever gets the nomination gets my vote. I won't throw my vote away by voting for a third party candidate.

If Thompson would show a bit more energy I would vote for him, otherwise it's Mitt Romney.

Romney? Really? I ask in earnest: Do you know his history behind his "pro-2A" issues? :(

Or does he support issues that you agree with that aren't gun related?:confused:

"Were" is correct, "was" is incorrect but commonly used.

Nothing to do with the singular or plural form of the subject.

Rather, it's because the sentence is phrased in the subjunctive mode, which requires "were."

"IF it were true" is the form.

Reference: http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/verbs-subjunctive.htm

Oh, the thread subject? Ron Paul, of course. He's doing surprisingly well.

pax

Back