If Libertarians run against Ron Paul, I'm changing my voter registraton

If the Libertarian party runs someone against Ron Paul, what will you do?

• Stay a Libertarian and vote for some unknown they run

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cabin pressure

I just found this doozie. Apparently the Libertarian party tried to get Ron Paul, he WISELY said no thanks, and they'll probably run someone against him :eek::mad: (running someone while Ron Paul is trying to win the republican nomination is the same as running against him even if Paul doesn't win the nomination).

I agree with the Libertarian party 90% of the time (they're wrong on borders and abortion), but I'm changing my voter registration to independent if they run someone against the best libertarian candidate in history.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_7678906?source=rss

I see no reason for Paul not to run on multiple lines if he were to get the Rep nod. Unfortunately he will not get the nomination from the Reps and we should all know that by now.

Personally I think it a waste of money for the Libs to run any Presidential candidates, they chould focus on local races. Either way I would not get upset if they run someone while Paul is still losing the nomination. If they ran soemone against him and he won the nomination I would have an issue.

I talked with George Phillies about this back in February, and even then people were talking about having the LP endorse Ron Paul over the LP presidential slate if he were to get the GOP nomination, even as we were all still trying to talk Dr. Paul into running and giving money to his PEC.

But George very sensibly pointed out that the LP is a nationally-recognized independent political party, and that for it to retain even a shred of credibility as such, it can't go turning itself into nothing more than a cheering section for the GOP just because they put up a candidate they like.

That said, I don't get the question of this thread - the LP choosing its own presidential slate while the Republican party is in the process of choosing its own presidential slate is nothing even remotely comparable to "running against" Ron Paul.

People are voting with their feet, and with their pocketbooks, and Ron Paul is doing just fine without any help from the national LP. Probably better than that, in fact.

What he said: The LP is it's own political party, they're supposed to put their candidate selection on hold on the small chance that the GOP will pick Paul as their nominee? That's silly. I expect that, if Paul were to get the Republican nomination, the LP's presidential efforts would be mostly nominal, but that's different from demanding that a party not run it's own candidate.

Paul *can't* go for the LP nomination, too: He's already promised he won't run for President if he doesn't get the GOP nomination, and it's not like the LP would have time to find a nominee of it's own after the Republican nominating process is over.

Back