If I send my Glock 19 back to Glock,will I get my Hi Caps back?

45automan

Hey guys I have to send my Glock 19 in for a firing pin upgrade. I have heard many people say that their whole gun was rebuilt. Does Glock do this as a curtiosy."Good Faith" maybe? Also I have 3 hi caps with it,2 of them have cracks between the number 8 and 10 hole counters. The third one just started to crack in the same spot. What is going on here? The mags are NFML and I usaully load them down by 2 rounds.Should I send my mags back as well? I will write them a letter describing my problems.
Thanks,45automan

PS. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

If all they're gonna do is the firing pin upgrade, why in the world would you send your magazines along? If it were my pistol, I darned sure wouldn't even consider it...

For that matter, why don't they just send you the firing pin and you install it? It can't be anything difficult--or can it? Not on the famous Glock?

:), Art

On the other hand, if the mag bodies are starting to crack, maybe you should send them back with the pistol. If Glock's Customer Service is all some make it out to be, you should get three high caps back. You send in three, they go in the trash and they send back three, who is to say you didn't get back the same three you sent.

Personally, I think I would send in the pistol and the mags and ask them to send me a Springfield or Kimber 1911. I doubt if their C.S. Dept is that good. :D

I mean no offense to all the Tupperware pistol people here.:D

glock will fix any broken or worn parts in your glock for free and they will give you most likely new FML full-cap mags to replace your cracked ones. just send the mags along with the gun and they'll ship the gun back to you with new mags along with it. do it soon before they run out of full-cap mags to give out as replacements.

John Marshall,

"...ask them to send me a Springfield or Kimber 1911."

If that's all you want, it only takes three Glock Box tops and $2.98 for shipping. You many have to remove the rope from the Kimber or Springfield trigger guard, as they just cut it after pulling them up. I do worry that their boat may drift away someday after giving away all their anchors... :D

I mean no offense to all the 1911 pistol people here. :D

I would rather live next door to someone that owned a glock than to own a kinber springfield or sig .............JUST KIDDING

I don't think they will run out, as I believe the law has a provision for making new "civilian" ownable standard mags to replace old ones that have worn out. I think the old ones have to be destroyed at that time. Anyone else heard that?

FWIW 2 suggestions

1- Call Glock directly. Phone number should be available at http://www.glock.com. Last I checked there was not a direct e-mail address for service questions. When I had some questions about my used Model 19 they connected me to a technician who was knowledgable, helpful, and above all, patient.

2- As for the firing pin upgrade, is it possible to send the slide portion of the pistol only? This would probably save a lot of shipping costs. Obviously if you want them to go through the entire pistol this will not work.

Good luck and Happy New Year.

Magazine bodies

Yes, its completely legal to repair a pre-ban high capacity magazine as long as the repair parts are not used to create a new magazine.

I would suppose this requires rendering the old body unservicable if it isn't already. Brownells has replacement bodies for high capacity 1911's like Para-Ord's.

Back