If George Washington were alive today...

Dogger

...would he pack a Colt 1911, a Browning HiPower, a Glock, or one of those girly Kimbers? :)

------------------
"Why, I'd rather suffer through a proctologist's exam than pack a Kimber!"
Gen. Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
Manassas, VA

He'd be yelling, "Get me out of this grave!"?

:D LawDog

[This message has been edited by LawDog (edited January 10, 2000).]

GIRLY KIMBER OF COURSE. IF YOU HAD SEEN HIS WHIGS AND HIS HAND WRITTING YOU WOULDN'T BE ASKING THESE QUESTIONS.

ak9...

LMFAO!!!

Damn, dude, isn't that kinda sacrilege to say about the Father of our Country and the O.G. hardass?

Greetings, Old General George would most
likely pack a Sig P220A in .45ACP. He then
would tell congress to order some more for
the troops. By the way, that would be the
1st excutive order he would give!!!

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

He'd be 268 years old. ;)
Probably none. I never see him packing a gun in any of his portrait.

vega

He wouldn't worry much about his side-arm.
He woke up EVERY morning at 5 o'clock and prayed till 6. Every night he'd retire at 9 and pray till 10 o'clock.
THAT'S how we gained our Freedom.
dewey

dewey, curious...if you believe that, why do YOU bother with defensive handguns?
After all, Washington prayed but he still had this thing called an ARMY...
What's the old saying? God helps those that help themselves. And as George was an experienced soldier and a southern gentleman, I imagine he would have appreciated the fine workmanship, superb accuracy and utter reliability of a Kimber stainless Gold Match. :-)

Actually, I've looked at a lot of George's memorabilia, both in Mt. Vernon and in the Masonic Lodge in Alexandria, VA, and I would say GW's taste would run a mite finer than any standard production pistol or revolver.

Mebbe a full coverage, gold inlaid Colt Python, at the least, much as I'd like to say "Gummint Model."

LOL :D

------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts, it may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok
Remember: When you attempt to rationalize two inconsistent positions, you risk drowning as your own sewage backs up.
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG

Mylhouse, I think George appreciated fine things and owned the best, therefore the choice of "girly Kimber"(Dogger's words, not mine). Besides, he thought of himself as neither a god nor king, but a man of the people. He put his pants(or pantaloons in his case) on one leg at a time just like you and I do(I hope!). You have to admit his handwriting looks alot like the Kimber on the slide. He certainly never put himself on a pedestal, and neither will I. A great man, yes, but still a man. If he were here now, he would be leading the next revolution. I think the founding fathers are looking down pretty disappointed in what has happened to their "grand experiment" today, given the royal edicts (executive orders) from HRM Slickmeister the Great.

[This message has been edited by ak9 (edited January 12, 2000).]

If GW were alive today, he'd round up all of us fed-up minutemen and we'd retake this country and hang all the traitors for not honoring their oaths and routinely pissing on the Bill of Rights. GW wouldn't stand for this all-powerful government BS for one second. Oh, and I think he would pack a G21 with a G30 for backup.

Well said, HydraShok. That one just may get you advanced to "Senior" status. ;)

------------------
The Bible is my lawbook. I turn the other cheek when applicable, and spend the rest of my days resisting evil at every front, until I have breathed my last breath.

GW would have a call to arms for a Continental Army II. I like that. But I think he also would appreciate new tech, so he would pack a H&K MP5K-PDW.

> RikWriter <
I mentioned George's love of God simply to stress the point that with HIS guidance through people like George Washington and many others we gained freedom.
George Washington would carry what was right.
Best Regards dewey

Washington wouldn't carry a firearm, he would have a sword. In his day officers were there to lead and direct their troops. Many times he exposed himself to British fire to rally his men and direct them on the field. Shooting was done by the common soldier.

If he were alive today he would have already raised an army and cleaned out washington!

Actually, Washington carried a brace of pistols in saddle holsters, along with his sword as he directed his troops. Not only are the pistols something special, but so are the holsters. They may be seen at Mt. Vernon, unless they have been moved in the last 20 years.

Vega, I recall a picture of a young (20s) George holding a really nice rifle.

Perhaps that's the answer: a rifle. And woe betide the fellow saying to him "stop that."

Back