If Enough is Enough - Then More is Better!

Tom B

Anyone else finding that if they buy a pistol that they really like then they want to get a second. In my case this is progressing to an even higher state. My latest mylady is the Glock 19. Procured it about a year ago and recently procured another. Now I have two and am looking for a third! How bad can this get? Is there a cure? Hypnosis maybe? A Glock patch?

You need to talk to ArmySon about this. Our newest Moderator for General owns 14 1911 pistols. Even from a John Browning fan and decendant - thats a lot of the same thing.
But then again - looking at the details - they are not all the same. To a lay person, they see 14 1911s. To the father of his children, Son sees 14 very different variations of or attitudes in all of his little ones.
I have 5 sons and while on the surface they may all look a similar - they are all very different people and each is loved individually.

Glocks however are more uniform - but when you use them, you'll see subtle variations too.

"Anyone else finding that if they buy a pistol that they really like then they want to get a second."

Do that myself some times. One to shoot the crap out of, the other to keep in reserve until the first one wears out or for display.

i usually go with something more economical than a glock. recently had a makarov attack...........

14 seems a bit extreme, but I applaud his enthusiasm. I have three Hi-Powers, three 1911s, two Makarovs, and three Ruger Blackhawks. If you want to get into guns of the same caliber, we will have to have more space to go into detail.

Hey, it's better then spending my money on drugs or alcohol! I'm young and single which allows me to buy more freely. My best friend has 3 Harleys. I can't tell the difference between any of em. They're all loud as hell.

The differences between the Springfields aren't very noticeable. However, when you fire a Springfield then fire a Les Baer, you can tell a drastic difference. Then of course, there are the Wilsons. Fire a plastic Wilson then fire a steel one... ahhhh the beauty of the free market :)

I'm just using Springfield as an example. It's not a knock against em. I own a couple. The time and money spent in the custom to semi-custom guns pay off with overall fit, finish, feel, and accuracy.

Then of course, there's the H&K story. I bought a Tactical last year. Then went to the same shop several months later and they had another Tactical. It was sooo cheap and NIB I had to buy it. Common sense hit me later and I sold it to Mykl. However, I still have the Expert. Both are fun to shoot but definitely not a CCW gun.

George shoots my KZ-45 better then I do :(

Here are the HK's. I need Lara Croft's HK Match next :D

View

I like to justify it by saying i need one pistol for each room in the house. Anyone know where I can get a 10 bedroom house? Ohh heck, make it 12. I wont stop there :D

Tim :)

I currently own...

3 Glocks: G29, G30, and G33. The G29 and G30 are externally identical; however, they have completely different personalities. Think 'Jalapeno' and 'Chocolate'= both great flavors, yet nothing alike. :)

It seems we all have the same disease. I thought I did that because:

Everytime I find something that I like and it wears out, breaks, gets lost, whatever and I go for another, they no longer make 'em!!! Then I wind up hunting all over to find another only to pay a premium if I can find one. So now, if I find something I like, I want more than one.

Secondly, I had a deprived childhood. I saw beautiful firearms that I could not afford. Now, I am fulfilling my youthful desires................at least as it relates to firearms..............I'm considering the Harleys.

Finally, I am so into JMB designs right now that I want one (or more) of each while I can get 'em.

As far as Springfields go, to get a pistol with the fit and finish of a custom built such as a Wilson, you have to order it from the Springfield Custom Shop. No surprise there. Springfield can't sell custom fitted and featured pistols at prices that compete in the local Sports World but they can build anything anybody else can at a price.

PigPen

More is better unless you're talking about gun laws

Three 1911s, two Colt Government .380s, two Ruger 10/22s, two Mossberg 12 gauges.:D Naw, I don't see a pattern.

Keep talking, Son, I'm living vicariously..... :D

I finally graduated and got a job, and now I actually own TWO whole .45 pistols.
Oh, the extravagance!

That's the good news. The bad news in gun-town is that I'm about to sign on for a 30-year mortgage on a Victorian handyman special house. It's going to be incredibly beautiful--after we put in 10 years and several thousand dollars.... :D
Guns are going to have to take a back seat, at least until we get the downstairs done and are ready to decorate the parlor. Then I'm thinking trapdoors, high-walls and leverguns on every wall. The Wife wants Victorian decor, after all.

Secondly, I had a deprived childhood. I saw beautiful firearms that I could not afford. Now, I am fulfilling my youthful desires

PigPen,
My thoughts EXACTLY! Growing up (not that I'm grown up now :D), my family was very poor since we were immigrants. There were so many toys that I wanted but couldn't have due to the cost i.e. Transformers, Gobots, RC Cars, etc. NOW, I can make up for lost time :D

Don,
Congrats on the new house! You still have to let me try some of those reloads the next time we shoot together. I have some sweet loads for you to shoot. You'll love em ;)

Back