If a taurus tracker titanium, then which caliber?(or what the heck is a 41 magnum)

bullfrog99

i know well the 357, i know it's limitations, but i know nothing about the 41 magnum except it is somewhere in between the 357 and the 44 mag, with a leaning toward the 44 magnum in power. which caliber do you think would be best in a gun such as this. i am fairly recoil tolorant, so that is not the deciding factor, i'm taling basically an accuracy and cartrige effectiveness proposition here, vs the 7 to 5 round capacity between the two.

You haven't stated what you intend to use it for. If for a field/general duty gun, then I would say the .41mag. If it's for a self-defense gun then I would go with the .357.

I would even go so far as to say the .41mag is a good defense round...plenty of power, a big bore caliber, and not nearly the recoil/punishment of a .44mag.

I have been lusting after the Taurus .41 snubbie since it came out, but long guns keep getting in the way.

I got a tracker .41 mag for christmas.Only shot it fives times.It snaps back a little but isn't bad.I would definetly go with the .41 mag.

One other thing to consider is wether or not you reload. If you don't reload, the 357 has a much wider variety of ammo available than the 41.

i do reload, and the gun will be used as hip security, when hiking or doing outdoor chores in michigan woods. not many bears around here, but plenty of two legged scum. i also would like to use the gun as a sidearm or main hunting gun in the brush usually 65 yards is about it for range necissary. ----- If a 41 magnum tracker, then how would one compare to another lightweight magnum,.. say a s&w mountain gun. would one be better than the other for the aformentioned duties?

[Edited by bullfrog99 on 12-29-2000 at 08:10 PM]

Back