IDPA sight legality question

From the rules' FAQ section:

"CAN I USE EXPRESS SIGHTS? Yes, they are considered to be conventional notch and post sights."

So, while I don't consider them very conventional on a pistol, they are OK with the rules; so come on down and shoot over them.

Jim,

Good shooting at the GA state match last week. Guess I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. I was CSO for stages 3 & 4.

BTW, Ken Hackathorn highly recommended AO Express sights when I took his class last year. A friend had them and I gave them a try. I'd say they were very fast for 5-7 yard targets. I didn't like them for more distant 15+ yard targets. That front dot gets very big as the target gets smaller.

Mark

Hey Jim

Mayonaise was the chief Nazi on stage 3 and 4. :)

Jim, Mikey has something of yours that you left behind at the range. Please contact him.

Ricky T
Rangemaster

Thanks, guys, I had a good time. You always have a good match there - my 3rd Georgia State. I have contacted Mikey and will recover my stuff at his club's match the 25th.

A friend of mine put AOs on his 1991A1 a while back. His accuracy took a downturn until he learned how to use them, now he is hitting as well as before at all usual IDPA ranges, and is noticeably faster.

I am now running a Hi-Viz front and a black Bomar rear. It is fast, but a little coarse for half targets at 20 yards, but why should that matter? Right, Ricky, Mark?

I feel your pain on those 20yrd half targets. That was tough. I use EGW fiber optic front site on my Kimber. I like it. Small dot but still pretty fast.

Mark

Mayonaise wrote:

"I feel your pain on those 20yrd half targets. That was tough. I use EGW fiber optic front site on my Kimber. "

Gamer ! Fiber optics are for cheaters.

Jim,
Those 20 yds half targets were tough on everybody. I had a miss, even with my 0.10 wide Heinie front. Hell, even one of the D-boys had a miss.

Ricky T wrote:
Gamer ! Fiber optics are for cheaters.

Oh give me a break. :rolleyes: I like the EGW front FO sight. I have one on my cannon 10mm that I shoot now in ESP (especially soft pistol).

I wish I could have made your match, it sounded like fun. :(

John,
Everyone knows that ESP is the official cheater division.

Too bad you missed the match, Mikey made it and had a great time even though he got spanked pretty badly (not by me). He beat me by a few seconds.

Back