IDPA RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.

house

I was wondering can you use a sholder holster in Idpa? Is that considered concealed? all your info will be great.

thanks

No shoulder rigs,cross draws or small of the back holsters. Yes they would be considered concealable. In many cases,but not all,depending on shooters stance the muzzle of the weapon would be pointed in a unsafe direction.

No, they can not. Having SO'd several IDPA matches, I do not want to be around someone with a rear facing muzzle at the firing line. It is a safety issue, not a concealment issue.

Technically, you can not use a holster if the drawing of the weapon crosses any part of your or anyone elses, SO's, body.

Johnboy

I use a shoulder holster for my main carry rig and like it alot.

But that being said, I can see why IDPA does not want them being used for competition. It is a safety issue. Yes, it would be in the spirit of IDPA for me to shoot with my G22 carried in my Miami Classic shoulder holster system, but for safety reasons, they will not allow it. I guess some time I should wait untill after the match is over and see if I can do a run through when the course is empty with my carry rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back