IDPA revolver rig

Mikey

Did you ever go to a gun show looking for one thing but finding another? I wanted a Benelli shotgun. I found one but the price just wasn't happenin' so I cruise around. I was glancing past a table full of (dare I say it?) Smith & Wessons when I spot this interesting little beauty right in the middle of a bunch of them long barreled N frames. It's a 610 with a 4" barrel!

Now I already shoot in three out of four divisions in IDPA, and I had wanted a 625 'til the head honchos decided to outlaw 5" revolvers, but the 610 is perfect! I already shoot 40 cal in ESP and those loads ought to purr out of the 610. I know S&W is on the black list but I couldn't help it...I BOUGHT IT...there, I've said it.

Now I need to get rigged for IDPA - speak to me all ye who wheelgun, what shall I get to wrap it in - I'm going for the "four gun"!

Mikey

There is a real nice open top, covered trigger holster in the Dillon catalogue made by Kramer. Is the 610 a light barrel or a heavy lugged barrel. The 4 in. model is for light barrels.
Jeff

Mikey, good luck going for a 4-gun title in IDPA. I had the same thought, so I bought a S&W Model 66, one of a special run with 3.2" (I think) barrel and fiber optic front sight. Sweet little gun. I got myself outfitted with holster and speedloaders and set off for the range.....

I made Marksman.... This after shooting Expert level in CDP (Les Baer Concept VII or S&W 945) and SSP (Glock 34) and almost-Expert in ESP (SV Infinity Compact).

My reload times were miserable and my "2 to the body and 1 to the head" strings on stage 1 were running at 3.3 secs - around 1 second slower than with the semi-autos.

Oh well....keep practicing.

Back