IDPA in southeast PA

gruven

I live outside of Philadelphia, PA (Norristown to be precise) and was wondering if anyone knew of IDPA matches in the area. Barring that, does anyone know of a web site that lists this information so I could find something close enough? I've never tried competition shooting, but I think I'm ready to give it a whirl now. Just need to find a location...

I presume you've tried IDPA.com already. One thing I've noticed is that it's very difficult to find local IDPA clubs, many of them aren't listed with IDPA.com (perhaps not official)? But, if you find the club nearest you and ask them, they may be able to direct you to closer clubs.

Good luck, it took almost a year before I finally found all the local activity going on here ;-)

I did look on idpa.com. Turns out one of the places listed is relatively close to me. I disregarded them at first because the web page wasn't working and that made me think they were out of business or something.
Stupid me for assuming I guess.

I shoot IDPA at Easton and BRCV; both MDs are good guys. The only caveat is that neither range has multiple bays so the matches can take a while.

BTW BRCV is having a 3 gun match and low light shoot this Saturday.

Justin

Multiple Bays...

Justin,

For the "multi-bay" experience, try and make some of next seasons matches up at Ontelaunee. They usually run four or five bays and can really move the shooters, depending on stage configuration.

Over at Easton this year, they were doing a pretty good job of keeping the stages configured to challenge, yet allow smooth handling of the match.

Hmmm, I seem to remember there being another site running IDPA in the greater Philly area.... I'll do a little more digging and re-post.

They have a match at the Double Action Range in Yeadon PA.. It is 10 minutes from South Philly. You can acces information from

www.ammolab.com

This month is the second half of the IDPA qualifier. They shoot on the 3rd Monday between 5 & 8 PM.

Back