Ideas for a Mosin 91/30 muzzle break

savage1r

I've looked around and there's plenty of muzzle brakes for m44's and other versions of the nagant, but none I can fine for a 91/30. Does anyone have suggestions for modifying (basic) and brakes that are currently on the market to fit the 91/30?

Last edited:
I have an M44 with bolt on a break. It had it on when I bought it, some nut job thried to hack off the bayo mounts so I'm stuck with a "sporter". I haven't taken it off yet, becuase I'm hoping it will trick the gun into thinking theres still a Bayonet extended. :D

Well it has as much kick as your average .22 now, louder than your avaerage spinal tapp concert though(it scared the bejesus out of me). I am waiting for a sight blade to come in, the same nut case put a tru glo red dot on it, with one of those cheap floppy scout mounts.:rolleyes: I'll let you know how it shoots with that monstrosity on there. I'm curious about accuracy myself. it only cost me $60 bucks. :)

Other option

Would it be possible to weld a muzzle break to the end of the bayonet locking brace? I'm sure it's a nutty idea, but nutty ideas have worked before.

savy

Back