• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Ideas for a few more Forum Categories

blackmind

I was thinking that we could benefit from a separate forum for Concealed Carry Issues/Gear/Clothing/Tactics/Laws...

also, I think that there are probably those who would enjoy a forum for discussing absolutely non-gun-related stuff. Some other online forums have a decompression area where naughty words are NOT forbidden, and also it doesn't matter what the subject is.

Some of us are challenged to keep it "rated G" in the main forums. What about an area for off-color remarks, which, while not necessarily tolerating abuse or flames, would be where we could discuss off-gun-topic issues (like news, hobbies, celebrities, movies and tv, books, etc.) and "get a little loose"?

-blackmind

I was thinking that we could benefit from a separate forum for Concealed Carry Issues/Gear/Clothing/Tactics/Laws...
These each fit well into existing forums:
Concealed Carry in Tactics and Training
Gear/Clothing in Gear and Accessories
Tactics in Tactics and Training
Laws in Legal

also, I think that there are probably those who would enjoy a forum for discussing absolutely non-gun-related stuff. Some other online forums have a decompression area where naughty words are NOT forbidden, and also it doesn't matter what the subject is.
Hmmmmmm, lemme think about it.
OK, I thought about it. No. :p

Some of us are challenged to keep it "rated G" in the main forums.
TFL's Mission does not include providing a communication vehicle for everyone. Some people would do better in other venues.
Rich

Well, I was just thinking that the issues discussed in a CC-specific forum would keep it nice and condensed to those laws, clothing, guns, gear that are specifically tailored to concealed carry of firearms. This way, one would not need to sort through laws about full auto, or modifications or such.

I understand the code of conduct, as well. I'm just saying, sometimes people who have no problem keeping it in line on the regular forum still might wish to have a place to blow off steam.

Also, other forums I have been to contain spaces for general discussion; this is where gun-folk could alert others to, say, a good movie, or an interesting website with funny stuff. Where on TFL would it be appropriate, say, to alert someone to a hilarious article on The Onion?

Anyway, I just thought something like that might be welcome, and make the site more versatile. There's no place to generally just socialize at this point -- at least, not without dragging a particular thread off topic.

blue skies,
-blackmind

BM-
Part of the exchange between Staff and Members is the Members' willingness to work a bit. If we thought that a CCW forum would be well trafficked or provide clear distinction from other Forums here, we'd add it.

As to a General Kibitzing Forum, TFL is not set up as a ClubHowz. This is by design. It's a firearms resource site. We encourage friendship and camaraderie, but we leave it to the members to pursue such relationships by email or PM.

No-Holds Barred forums have come and gone.....usually right down the sewer. Staff has no desire to be associated with such. Most of us use our real names and care what we attach those names to.
Rich

I would like to see TFL Forum stay just the way it is. I have been to other forums and they end up using a thread as if they were message texting with their neighbors and buddies or whatever. It's just too much social BS IMO.

This forum is strict and I think that is why it is a Great place to hang out. X or R rated post are of no interest to me. Once the off color language gets started I think it would spread like cancer into the other forums we now enjoy.

As for a general non-gun topic, I would go along with that idea, however I don't think it's really needed.

I find that it's nice to see a large variety of topics within each forum as long as they stay somewhat related to the main subject or topic.

I think the moderators do a great job in keeping TFL one of my favorites. Thanks to all....

This is just my 2 cents and I would like to hear what others think about it. No harm in asking...right?

Back