Ideal Target Sights

Kermit

Just picked up a 586-1 and I want to see what kind of groups this thing is truly capable of. It has a 6" barrel and stock sights. I'm thinking a nicer set of adjustables will tighten the groups some. The trigger is of vintage Smith quality...now all I need is the ammo and I'm good to go.
Any suggestion?

Kermit,I think you will find that the factory Smith & Wesson sights will give you excellent results.If you perfer a flat face on your rear sight similar to the Bomar,then you can get a custom sight like the ones made by Millet. I have been using the Smith & Wesson adjustable sights for almost 30 years and I like them. Good luck.-Cliff

Cliff, thanks. I think I'm just a little anxious because I've still got a few days left on my 10 day wait. I always wanna change stuff before I've had a chance to shoot my new guns. I need to be patient and shoot it the way it is 1st, then see what it may or may not need.

I like the Smith sights.........except for the red ramps. Easy fix, paint em black..Reason I don't like the ramp red is that it doesnt quit reach to the top of the sight. For me that causes vertical shift in point of impact with changing light conditions.

Sam

factory sight's,

as utilized on Smith & Wesson revolver's are just
fine; particulary on model's that have the red ramp front and white out-line rear.:) I have been
shooting with Capbuster all those (30 years) and
they haven't failed me yet!!! Currently, have this
set-up on Smith & Wesson's 629-5 and 686-5.:D

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

S&W revolver sights are excellent. I like them black, however, so I spray on sight black on my red ramp and white outlines.

justinr1

PERSONAL

Sights are personal, based on your eye(s).

I do my best work with my 1911 mounting a smaller Caspian optic-rod front /ghostring rear, and my 7.5" 357 Redhawk with the factory gold-bead front/stock rear.

See, personal.

Back