I'd like to learn how to use my knife

Jesse H

Are there any fellow Texans that could recommend me a class where I can start out on basic knife self defense? I'm in the Houston area, but wouldn't mind anywhere in San Antonio, Austin, or Dallas.

Or heck, if anybody anywhere in the states has one that they can recommend that'd be good. Right now, though, I'd just like to get into the basics before any type of advanced training.

much thanks

Well, here's a start:
http://www.usadojo.com/schoolshoustontexas.htm

Go around and visit these places. If you're serious about using a knife, I suggest starting with the schools that teach Filipino Martial Arts -- usually called Kali, Arnis or Escrima. If you can find a reputable instructor, and find the styles agreeable to you, I thoroughly recommend sayoc kali and modern arnis.

LawDog

Knife course.

We will be running a basic defensive knife course next month here in Connecticut, I know it is quite a ways from Texas, but just wanted to let you know.

If you would like additional information, please e-mail me off list at:

training@wa-protective.com

Be Safe

Brian S. Williams
Williams Associates Protective Services, LLC.

www.wa-protective.com

Keep your eyes out for the next time that Insights Training Center will be in Houston or Austin. www.insightstraining.com

They do a very nice Defensive Folding Knife Course.

And, of course, OPS is holding a two-day Defensive Knife course in Baton Rouge at the end of August.

Gomez

Lawdog Hit it right on the head just make sure you are comf. w/ the ins. and any of those disciplines are what you seek :-)
loandr.

Back