• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Icon Enhancement

Cuc Tu

I was noticing the icons for new posts and discovered the red halo sight on threads with new posts in which I had posted. That is a fantastic feature!

I wonder if that icon can also be used in Forums in which I have posted rather than the cross hare reticle?

Just a thought...

"rather than the cross hare reticle"

You're seeing an angry rabbit icon somewhere? ;)

No, unfortunately the vBulletin software doesn't have provision for indicating which forum(s) you have posted in. I'm not sure it would be very useful even if it did. Over time almost all forums you frequent would eventually be marked as having been posted in by you. The usefulness of the marking would soon turn to useless.

Well, if VB doesn't support it...

I thought it would be usefull because it would only show if the forum had new responses in threads in which I had posted. Right now I have to dig into each forum, and sometimes through several pages to see if there is a response in a thread that I was following. If I post in a forum that I do not frequent, I might forget about it and the responses would be for not...

Usually I get by with the "New Posts" link, but this forum has way too much activity to sort through that. I've had various issues with thread subscriptions (not here), so I don't use them...

Maybe there is a better way to keep track of threads of interest?

BTW, I'm not complaining or anyting like that...

It might require extra db queries per front-page view, which is probably why vb doesn't have that feature.

I thought the cross hare died for our sins, and that's why he's in a reticle?

Back