IAI .30 carbine worth $400

mark357

Do you think an IAI .30 M1 carbine with flash hider, 3 30's, 400 rnds of ammo and a bayonet are worth $400? Does anyone have any experience with this gun from IAI?

[This message has been edited by mark357 (edited October 29, 1999).]

Mark,
I recently purchased a IAI 30 carbine. I had problems with it at the range,the gun pierced primers and was not reliable. I sent the gun back to Iai. My gun was returned in less than two weeks. they had replaced the barrel, upgraded the bolt to a m2 bolt and replaced the rear sight. I recently went to the range and fired the gun. My gun now functions flawlessly and will shoot two inch groups at 75 yards with winchester ammo. I am very pleased with the gun now.

Mark,
there was no charge for these upgrades it was covered by the warranty. in my area people want 400 or more for surplus carbines in beat shape. 400 for a Iais a good deal in my book

I think I would rather have a WWII vintage carbine. I got one from the NRA years ago and sold it about ten years later. I have come to regret that sale but I really needed the money and had to sell a couple of family hand-me-down guns too.....like grampa's .32 S&W Long pistol.

Old does not mean bad! Mikey

Back