I want to make sure my barrel extension isnt considered a suppressor

GalilARM

I'm building my younger brother a .22LR copy of the suppressed CAR15 used in the movie Black Hawk Down.

Base gun is a SW .22LR AR15 clone, and I built up a sort of barrel shroud / barrel extension thing to give it that mock-suppressor look. However, I want to make sure first that it wont be construed as an actual suppressor.

I included a rudimentary paint mock up, but basically the mock suppressor is a plastic tube that runs the length of the barrel and sticks out about 2 inches past the flash hider. There is NO ENDCAP of any sort, its simply open at the end, much like the Noveske KX3 type flash hiders. It doesnt make a difference in terms of noise at all, but I just wanted to be sure of the legality of this first.

Any thoughts?

shroud.png

Again, the tube is OPEN at the end, no constraining end cap or anything. There is about 2-2.5inches of open tube between the flash hider/barrel and the end of the tube.

As long as it is wide open from the end of the barrel to the end of the extension there shouldn't be any problem.

If there was an end cap or something that could be mistaken for a baffle, that would be an issue.

Hmmm, trust internet advice as opinions and not fact until verified? Or, put another way, the advice you get is only as good as what it cost you.

Fine, sure, don't believe me or Willie. Go find out for yourself. Ten lawyers will give you ten different answers. Read the law, it's pretty plain.

Back