I took a little walk today. (graphic)

taylorce1

With the ol' 6X47 Rem looking for some targets of opportunity. I wasn' dissapointed!

20130716_163817.jpg
20130716_163754.jpg
20130716_163715.jpg

The cleanup crew wasn't that far behing either. As good as I could blow up from cell phone.

20130716_164750-1-1.jpg

Art Eatman said:
Was this out east on your family place?

No, it was on a place we leased out this year. It is about 20 miles south of my parents place. Our dog towns still haven't recovered from the plague we had a few years ago. Plus the ranchers have been keeping up on the poisoning of the towns as soon as they see a couple of active holes.

Poor little p-dog!:rolleyes: Did you try giving it CPR? Looks like all the important parts were right there where you could get at 'em.;)

Nice shooting dude, and a cool little cartridge. I always wanted to give the "dog town" a whirl, but none close enough to me for a quick days hunt..Tell us about the bullet and load used, and what distance you were shooting Taylorce1.

The bullet is a 70 grain Nosler BT, CCI 400 primer, 26 grain H335. MV is 3066 fps at the muzzle, built this rifle for varmints but it meets Colorado minimum requirements for big game hunting. Handles pronghorn quite handily out to 300+ yards as I've used it on the last two hunts.

The rifle shoots 70 grain Sierra Blitz Kings the best but I've been buying the Nosler seconds for about 1/2 as much of the BK's.

Back