i thought this would be the group to ask

maas

any one here have a dutch oven. i wanna get one just dont know much about them. whats a good place to get them cookbooks size any info is good info

Do a Google Search .... LOTs of info and recipies. I use a solar oven and most dutch oven recipies work for it too.

You can do a million things with a dutch oven , soups, stews ,bread ,pie , etc. The best brand is Lodge ,made in America . All others are made in China I think ,and not as good.

The China stuff I see on the market now is not finished inside. If you look it is rough. The good stuff is smooth on the inside. It is easier to clean and eggs and the like flip easier.

thats what i was looking for ill deffinatly get a lodge thanks a lot feel free to send me some recipies :D

you'll be glad you bought one. I love mine, use it all the time. I made a fire pit in the back yard so that when I don't have a chance to be in the woods, I can still enjoy the fire and dutch oven cooking....but that's just me...any day in the woods is a good day!

flat lid

Get one with a flat lid not a dome lid. with a flat lid you can put coals on top for better heating as well as stack them 2 high if space is limited.

Line it with foil for easy clean up.

can make cakes just the same as the receipt on the box.

Most anything you can make just as you would in a roaster or oven at home.

Back