I think I've found my next rifle?

g.willikers

The Henry Long Ranger in .223.
Anyone run across one recently?
It's a bit pricey, but since it's been ages since I've bought anything, it's very tempting for we lever action folks.
Wonder how it compares to the Browning lever actions.
Having never actually even handled a Henry anything, does this sound like a good idea?

Haven't handled a Henry in .223, but have in other calibers. Every one has had an extremely smooth action. They are also very accurate.

I love my Golden Boy. The lever is so smooth and the quality is top-notch.

Actually I love the lever action and smoothness enough that I've been contemplating selling my AR for either a Big Boy or a Long Ranger. Given the choice, I'd take the Henry to go have fun before the AR every time and I have been doing just that lately.

I have a Henry Golden Boy and a Henry Lever Action .30-30. Both are of excellent quality and performance. I saw a Long Ranger .308 recently in my FLGS. Seemed to have good weight and balance. The wood was quite nice, as was the metal finish. I believe these use a rotating bolt for lockup (like the BLR) and that should make for accuracy.

My Henry lever action is only a 22 but it is the slickest smoothest gun of any kind I have ever had. The lifetime warranty is a simple 2 sentences that covers everything other than excessive wear and abuse, regardless of ownership.

I know this thread may be old, but I am here to say it would be a good choice. I would get one in .308 though, for more power because I'm that kind of guy:D
Hope this helps

Back