I Think I Just Got A Smokin' Deal On A CZ

Joe_Pike

Well, I'm not really a rifle guy. Not because I don't like long guns, it's that I don't have much of a place to shoot them. I have bought a couple over the years though - a Saiga 7.62x39mm, built a Rock River AR, picked up a Marlin .357 lever gun from the early '80s for $450. I've never bought a .22lr, though.

For some reason I've been wanting a CZ 452 Lux for a few years, though. Money has been tight lately but I haven't really bought anything in roughly a year, so, I've been looking for a deal. However, when I started looking for a 452 Lux I found that they had been discontinued and replaced with the 455 Lux.

I was off work today and visiting a few LGS just to see what they had, which lately has been nothing. I eyed the elusive Ruger 1911 that was sold while I was in the shop, but nothing else in the handguns that lured me. So, I went to the long guns and just happened to grab a .22lr without paying attention to what it was. I looked at the tag and lo and behold it was a 452 Lux. It's "used" but looks unfired. It had the box that was a little rough but no user manual. I picked it up for $275.

I'll be able to shoot this at the indoor handgun range since it's a .22lr. If I can get in that is.

Back