I stepped into the Way-Back Machine, Sherman,,,

aarondhgraham

I stepped into the Way-Back Machine, Sherman,,,
And re-read the first years worth of posts that I made.

Nothing earth-shaking came of it,,,
But I found it strange to see how my attitudes have changed on many things.

Has anyone else ever gotten bored and reread their older posts?

Aarond

Looking at my old posts I realize how many brands/products/etc I was excited about years ago I wouldn't trust or buy now.

I ran my mouth at things I didn't know so much about. Lol. Made people mad.

This is still the only forum that I've stayed with so long. The reason that I'm still here and not on other sites is the Mods and staff. They keep this one nice and civilized. I came to this site late in my online life, had years of Internet forum experience to make me into a jerk, but I learned manners in the last few years.

Apparently I've been advising people to stock up on ammo for years.

I wish I had followed my own advice :o.

I have occasionally re-read early posts. Often because I know I've asked the question but can't, for the life of me, remember the answers had been!!

Anyway, one overriding message comes through: utter ignorance!! It's at times like that I realise exactly how much TFL has taught me. Utter ignorance remains but it has just moved on to new areas of shooting!!
:D

I have occasionally re-read early posts. Often because I know I've asked the question but can't, for the life of me, remember the answers had been!!
If you find the cure let me know.

have occasionally re-read early posts. Often because I know I've asked the question but can't, for the life of me, remember the answers had been!!

I was doing that just today. I was going to ask a question in a new post, but I wanted to see if I had asked it before.

And my tastes in firearms have changed....from revolvers to 1911's to polymer guns....and now back to revolvers. I seem rather flighty in my choices.....

What amazes me is how much more distrustful of government we, collectively,have become. Myself included. I can't believe that at one time I sincerely thought that you should have to show proof of receiving gun safety training upon purchasing a gun. The idea was semi well received in the thread. Everything was related to the Marines Corps and combat weaponry/tactics to me. There were no gripes about shortages of ammo/components. I was mostly polite, but let the jerk side out once in a while. SHTF scenarios weren't banned and those threads drew me like a moth to a flame.

Ahh... The good ole days when the thought of looming gun bans wasn't in the forefront of most every discussion in the general discussion forum.

Back