I shot a Krinkov! Can I own one?

Sir William

OK. I have been and still am searching for a compact, mid-level power urban rifle. HD and extended reach are my purpose. Saying that, I had a chance to shoot a Krikov SBR with a can. WOW! It was a fun experience. I am curious as to what the requirements would be to actually own one? SBR registration, I would only want a semi-auto version and I wonder if it requires more than the usual 4473 and taxes.

For a true SBR "Krink" you would have to fill out an ATF Form 4 and pay the $200 stamp tax, as with any other Class III weapon. Now, if it never had a buttstock it's still a Form 4, but only a $5 stamp for being an "AOW."

Check local and state laws first. Some states do not allow such weapons.

Moving the thread

I believe you'll get more volume and maybe better-informed participation in the Full Auto forum.

Johnny

I talked to my FFL today. He claims that I need to register the Class III, notify the Sheriff, pay a separate SBR tax and another tax for the suppressor. Rough guesstimate was under a thousand for the weapon and registration/taxes. That seemed CHEAP to my mind. He said he already had two in stock and expected the cans next week. I thought (ignorant me) that ALL full auto weapons ran in the $3-4,000.00 range. Am I missing out on something?

FA weapons run a LOT more than that, from $5000-100,000 (gatling gun)

You're looking at semi automatic Krinkovs, which have been SBRed ($200 tax, registration) and the suppressor added ($200 tax, registration separate from the SBR).

$400 in taxes and registration, plus a 4-6 month wait.

GreenFurniture,

Now, if it never had a buttstock it's still a Form 4, but only a $5 stamp for being an "AOW."

If it never had a buttstock, wouldn't it just be a plain ol' semiautomatic pistol? (Unless it had a vertical foregrip, which would, indeed, need an AOW stamp.)

If it never had a buttstock, wouldn't it just be a plain ol' semiautomatic pistol? (Unless it had a vertical foregrip, which would, indeed, need an AOW stamp.)

I think it all depends on if the receiver is registered as a "pistol" or "rifle" receiver with ATF. The 'smith that is making the cut-down lever guns like from "Wanted: Dead or Alive" had to register the Winchester 94 recievers as pistols so as to avoid the "AOW" tax stamp. At least I think I remember reading that.

Back