I see why Glock never made that many 18 Select Fires

Tatsumi67

I got some range time in the full auto Glock 18 Select Fire.

And I now understand why they never made that many. It was really hard to control. Just tapping the trigger spat out 5 rounds..

Wicked fun, lots of laughs, but I now realize why they did what they did.

They're still being made, it's just that private citizens aren't allowed to buy them anymore; you need to be a dealer with LEO/military offers to buy.

They also have drop in components so you can slide select fire into almost all different types of glock. I've shot a G19 with select fire cape.

Glock 18's were never made before 1986. There are none that are fully transferable. They are controlled not only by the 922(o) but by the import ban in place by the GCA of 1968. All foreign machine guns imported to the US are dealer samples only. You must be an SOT or LE agency to own them.

Go watch some of the Glock 18 vidoes on youtube. They are very controllable. It just takes a little practice.

If not for 922(o), I would own one!

FAB Defense makes a buttstock for the Glock. When I met with them at their factory in Israel they poo-poohed the idea of using it with a Glock 18, but I bet it would make a significant difference in controllability.

Back