I Realy Like It Now

SGW Gunsmith

My main carry pistol is this Glock 23 in .40 S&W caliber. I shot this pistol for quite some time until I acquired a list of various aspects that I wanted to improve, or change.
First was the trigger pull, which was easy enough to get down to 3-3½ pounds.
Then, I changed the sights, both front and rear. Rear to adjustable.
During extended range sessions, that dang polymer frame got to be sorta hard on my shooting hand, so I installed the Pachmayr sleeve on the grip. World of better. The coating on the slide was wearing off fairly quickly, which I felt was due to the Fobus hard plastic holster. I sent the slide off to Robar to have the silver hard finish applied, and then ordered a Diamond D shoulder rig. I like this set-up much better, and it's very comfortable to wear:

Bp6n14N.jpg

The full house carry rounds that I carry in all three magazines is quite snappy and the muzzle flips up rather smartly, so off to Mag-na-Port to get some slots EDM'd in place, with the idea to get the muzzle flip reduced, even somewhat:

V6tWp0T.jpg

It's by no means a flat shooting pistol, but the reduction in muzzle flip is indeed there.

Very nice. I carry an SW40VE which is a clone of the G23 and I really like it. The size, weight, and capacity just seem to hit the sweet spot for concealed carry, resulting in a firearm which can be comfortably carried without having to compromise on firepower.

Very nice! I just took delivery of a new Gen 4 G23 last week. I put a Brass Stacker single stage stainless recoil guide and spring into it, but that's all that I plan on doing to it. I'm a relatively new Glock owner; the only other Glock that I have is a Gen 3 G19 that I bought a couple of years ago.

I bought into the Glock hate for a long, long time. Then, I decided to try the G19 and I was amazed at how well I shot it. It just felt good. It was easy for me to shoot well. I could put 20 shots into a 2" hole at 30' pretty easily, whereas I have to struggle with some of the other 9's that I own to accomplish the same thing. I have long and slender hands, and it feels very comfortable to me.

The new G23 is the same way. I even like the OEM sights. The guns themselves are ridiculously simple. I'm not a Glock fanboy yet. But, I know a good gun when I shoot one.

I have that Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove on my Gen3 19, which works well with the Grip Force Adapter that I installed on the gun.

It’s good to see that you got your slide refinished at Robar before they went out of business last year.

Very nice! I just took delivery of a new Gen 4 G23 last week. I put a Brass Stacker single stage stainless recoil guide and spring into it, but that's all that I plan on doing to it. I'm a relatively new Glock owner; the only other Glock that I have is a Gen 3 G19 that I bought a couple of years ago.

I bought into the Glock hate for a long, long time. Then, I decided to try the G19 and I was amazed at how well I shot it. It just felt good. It was easy for me to shoot well. I could put 20 shots into a 2" hole at 30' pretty easily, whereas I have to struggle with some of the other 9's that I own to accomplish the same thing. I have long and slender hands, and it feels very comfortable to me.

The new G23 is the same way. I even like the OEM sights. The guns themselves are ridiculously simple. I'm not a Glock fanboy yet. But, I know a good gun when I shoot one.
It took me quite a while to "shine up" to a striker fired semi-auto pistol. All my mentors were strictly 1911 proponents, so that's naturally what I gravitated to during my learning stages. As the Glocks became more and more popular with local LEO's and I had the opportunity to shoot some of these service pistols, reality finally struck a chord.
I'm not one bit disappointed in my selection of my current "life insurance policy" and how this pistol handles for me, with the personalization I've melded into it.

The only mod I did to my G19 is to put a G17 smooth trigger in it---feels a lot better to me---it really needs some night sights when I get around to it.

Back