I really like the wheelies!

jwise

I've really enjoyed getting into wheelguns this year! I took my two favorite shooters to the range today: S&W 586 and S&W 29.

I've been working on controlling the double-action trigger pull to break just when I want it to. I think my efforts are starting to pay off. I'm only shooting 15 feet, so I'm not impressing myself yet, but it's been really fun.

Well done! I loves me some good DA shooting! :)

(When shooting for speed or accuracy, though, I generally don't recommend staging the DA trigger. Just a smooth consistent pull through the break.)

Best thing about revolvers at the range is no bending over to pick up cases. Old guys love revolvers.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

That's a 357 "Registered Magnum" that was one of 50 shipped to the Utah Highway Patrol in 1938. Inscribed "Utah Highway Patrol #27" on side plate.

Sold my Taurus Raging Bull in .454 Casull for a S&W 500 Magnum. It's kinda funny having a pistol that can shoot bullets that weigh the same as my .50 BMG shoot.:eek:

I dont care who ya are that's good shooting!

Ive been bit by the Relover bug too. I almost bought a Stainless new model blackhawk in 357 with a scope yesterday but the wife put the kybosh on that!

I have gotten pretty good doing a constantly smooth DA pull with my 586, but the 29 is still a little difficult.

Those weren't exactly slow-fire, but more of a deliberate rate of fire (1.5 sec splits at most).

Definitely fun to shoot! These might finally push me into reloading. Rimmed cartridges are expensive!

Thats what I like to hear. Reloading is fun and rewarding. Plus you wont need much to to straight wall pistol cases.

Back