I now have a LEO in the family

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinga

Shortly after graduating from high school, my younger son decided that he wanted to try and become a Georgia State Patrol Trooper. However, you have to be at least 21 when you graduate from Trooper School.

So, at age 19, after a pretty extensive background check and application process, he started work with the Ga. Dept. of Public Safety, as a Safety Officer at the state capital. After about eight months, and with the encouragement of a couple of command officers, he transferred to the GSP headquarters as a Cadet.

He stayed there until he left for the 102nd Trooper School on October 1st, 2017. Yesterday, after 32 weeks (1,053 hours of classroom and group instruction, and an additional 480 hours of "on the road" field training), he graduated and is currently the youngest Trooper on the force at 21 years, 3 months, and 18 days. :D

Salute to your son Rjinga. His age caught me in the feelers, I realized I've been in the line of work for 25 years now. Salutes to both of you. Remind him fairly regular that it matters. It may not seem like to him sometimes, but it matters to more folks than he'll ever realize for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back